Place of Performance: Silver Spring, MD
Period of Performance: Duration of Contract
Salary based on experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Video Production, Communications, Fine Arts, or related field preferred. Five (5) years of general and three (3) years of specialized experience are required.
Minimum Experience Requirements: This position requires five (5) years of general experience of which at least three (3) years must be specialized.
Tasks and duties to include:
- Carry out editing and filming of b-roll footage to support the NOAA Studio and NOAA Ocean Today, an interactive, video-driven exhibit that supports ocean literacy in museums and aquariums;
- Manage video assets, digital archives, and storage of these assets using Adobe Premiere and CatDV software;
- Support storyline development and write scripts, including narration and recorded sound bites;
- Coordinate shoot logistics and serve as videographer for in studio and on-location work;
- Shoot video footage using Government equipment – HD cameras, lights, mics, GoPro, etc.;
- Log all video footage with date, location, subject, and other metadata. Obtain appropriate release forms, track ownership and permissions;
- Support research for potential stories and communicate with subject matter experts, before, during, and after video productions;
- Seek out and manage voice-over talent in the recording of narration to support Ocean Today videos.
- Determine appropriate visuals from newly created, archived, and third-party assets, and prepare list of footage and visual materials to acquire for the Program Manager;
- Perform end-to-end video editing, from raw footage through finished product;
- Adhere to standard production processes and develop content with consistent look and feel;
- Make video available to NOAA and outside requestors where possible;
- Perform color correction and audio mixing;
- Add captions for “508” compliance, and;
- Complete all rendering, compressing, and exporting of video files to ensure prompt delivery according to documented standards.
ALL APPLICANTS: PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE A WORK SAMPLE REEL