Project Manager (EPIC)
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing GST’s support for the Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research (OAR), Office of Weather and Air Quality (OWAQ) in development of EPIC. The candidate will provide oversight for all project activities and serve as primary interface with government representatives. The Project Manager will be responsible for implementing and overseeing governance and coordination activities for EPIC.
- Communicate with multiple, mutually intersecting parties from outreach personnel, developers, architects, weather researchers, and high-level management within the company, NOAA, other US Government, and industry.
- Serve as the EPIC contractor lead, with overall responsibility for the success of the EPIC contract.
- Work with the lead architect and software engineer providing leadership, vision, and guidance to the EPIC contractor staff.
- Track progress on EPIC milestones, report on progress to the Government, and bring issues and proposed solutions to the attention of the Government throughout the life of the contract.
- Responsible for and oversee recruitment and training efforts, ensuring a high quality, technical, and diverse team
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of relevant leadership and management experience.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification or the ability to obtain a PMP Certificate no later than September 2020.
- Advanced degrees in Computer Science, Engineering, Atmospheric Numerical Modeling, Cloud Technologies or related fields are highly desired.
- Prior NOAA experience.
- Experience implementing high-performance computing (HPC) and cloud technologies, including cloud computing and storage.
- Atmospheric science, meteorology, and weather forecasting.
- Experience with environmental weather satellites (e.g., GOES and POES, but preferably others as well).
Physical Qualification(s) Required:
Mental Qualification(s) Required:
- Ability to multitask.