Communications Specialist (TPIO) (51820)
Place of Performance: Silver Spring, MD
Period of Performance: Duration of Contract
Salary Based on Experience
NOAA’s Technology, Planning, and Integration for Observation (TPIO) division, which stewards data that is critical to sustaining and optimizing NOAA’s observing systems portfolio, seeks a Communications Specialist. This individual will join the TPIO Communications and Outreach (TCO) Team to support internal communication, engagement, and coordination between TPIO and NOAA stakeholders across the diverse agency. As a member of the TCO team, this position will develop/implement strategic communications processes, messaging, and materials to increase awareness and support for TPIO and the division’s work among NOAA staff and partners. In addition, this position will help coach/train TPIO staff on how to communicate effectively with NOAA stakeholders representing varying levels and offices across the agency. This position will also serve as one of TPIO’s liaisons to several NOAA governing bodies overseeing NOAA’s observing systems portfolio and will need to engage regularly with senior leadership.
- Self-starter; able to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Strategic thinker; able to identify and analyze communications barriers and needs
- Process-driven and detail-oriented professional who can easily adapt to shifting priorities/goals
- Strong background in internal communications, meeting coordination, and working in a matrixed team structure
- Highly skilled writer/copyeditor preferably with past experience in translating highly complex/technical information into plain language deliverables including reports, presentations, talking points, etc.
- Proficient in strategic communications planning/implementation, including engaging/training non-communications staff to identify communications goals, objectives, key messages, target audiences in support of effective engagement with diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong background in training/supporting technical non-communications staff with engaging diverse stakeholders as a part of data collection, analysis support, management, and data update projects.
- Experience with developing, and optimizing PowerPoint presentations, FAQs, webinars, including creating presentations and talking points tailored to multiple and diverse audience groups and training non-communications staff as effective presenters
- Experience with supporting multi-stakeholder survey processes, including knowledge in best practices and tools for effective data collection and validation both for key informant interviews and online surveys
- Background in managing, tracking, and identifying trends, and optimizing internal CRM processes and developing templates to streamline response process
Desired Technical Knowledge:
- Required: Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Google (Drive, Sites)
- Preferred: SmartSheet, SurveyMonkey, Tableau
- Great to have: (but not required): Basic HTML/CSS, Adobe (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign)