Executive Assistant (IOOS) (072020)
Place of Performance: Silver Spring, MD Salary Based on Experience
Period of Performance: Duration of Contract
Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marine Science or equivalent preferred
Integrated Systems Solutions, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual to support the executive offices and leadership team of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Ocean Service (NOS) Integrated Ocean Observing System (IOOS). The position requires engagement and dedication to the group’s mission:
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for confidential and time-sensitive material.
- Prepare routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Travel and staff AA/DAA for domestic and international trips.
- Develop routine plans or schedules using standard references and existing information.
- Based on defined objectives, determine specific steps, input required and/or milestones.
- Identify schedule/time required, and estimates resources required.
- Prepare and manage all files (digital and hard copies) related to administrative assistant’s duties.
- Organize and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Coordinate with the administrative assistants to ensure appointments, special events, and other vital entries are on the AA and DAA calendars.
- Manage and provide logistical organization for meetings and appointments.
- Prepare all necessary files and supporting documentation for meetings.
- Manage and help facilitate international visitors and guests.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:Highly motivated and organized, anticipating customer needs and responding to the dynamic nature of executive office work rapidly with great flexibility.
- Strong time management skills, able to interact effectively with customers and colleagues alike within the integrated and interdependent team to fulfill required workflows.
- Strong science and policy education and experience preferably related to the National Ocean Service mission.
- The individual must have exceptional customer communication skills in both verbal and written form.
- Fully proficient in standard office software and applications, e.g. Microsoft Office suite; use of office equipment – phone, fax, scanner, printer/copier.
- Experience and working knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations. Knowledge of NOAA travel and conference processes and policies is highly desirable.
- Minimum of two to four years’ experience working for executive offices and/or senior staff of federal agencies or commercial equivalents performing functions comparable to those listed above for this position.
- Prior experience working for or with a federal agency comparable to NOAA, with frequent interaction with public, private, and academic partners. Direct experience with NOAA is highly desirable.
- A disciplined, professional customer service-oriented presence with the ability to maintain a courteous and respectful working relationship with the prime customer, their customers, and other members of the small embedded contractor team dedicated to providing consistent, uneventful and unquestioning support to all customers.